Sunday, April 4, 2010

Windows 7 hack anyone?

Hey guys,

So I am using windows 7 and I have this problem with the start bar. I have it hidden to provide myself with more room, however no matter where I put it, it seems to get in the way of things. If i have it on the left side, it gets in the way when I try to hit the back button on my google chrome, right side it gets in the way of me closing programs. Bottom it gets in the way of things that sit on the bottom of the screen and top same thing.

Ideally what I would like is for it to be locked close unless I press the windows key on my keyboard. However I cannot seem to find a hack to do this.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated - and don't say move away from windows because I love windows. =-D

Looking forward to hearing from you.

3 comments:

  1. http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-hideshow-windows-7-taskbar-with-a-keyboard-shortcut/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That works to keep it close, but I can't seem to get it back open again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe try Objectdock. You can make it function like the Windows taskbar, but it looks like the Mac OS icon dock. It can be set to hide off-screen until you move near it.

    I think the Windows taskbar can be turned off either through windows or through Objectdock. Good luck!

    http://download.cnet.com/ObjectDock/3000-2072_4-10210264.html?tag=mncol

    Adel

    ReplyDelete